We strive to assist you with any issue that may arise on any server, desktop computer, or laptop within the department. For issues we are unable to solve in-house, we can point you in the right direction. Please make us your first stop for computer-related issues (rather than the admin office or the MSO).
Tasks we can help you accomplish:
- Quoting, ordering, configuring new systems -- desktops, laptops, phones, servers
- Installing and/or troubleshooting software, commodity or custom code
- Hardware maintenance -- diagnostics, troubleshooting, parts replacement
- Security -- assist with security issues, configuring firewalls, patching software, etc.
- Assistance with email, wifi, etc.
- Windows, MacOS, Linux
- And well, pretty much anything, just ask
For FAQs and how-tos on common (and some not-so-common) Physics network-related issues:
To contact the Physics IT Team:
Office: 536 Physics
Computer Support: email@example.com
Web Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (530) 752-4923